About Air Source Heat Pumps
Key Facts about Air Source Heat Pumps
- Takes latent energy in the air and converts it to heat
- Pumps hot air around your house or heats your water
- For every unit of electricity used in the pump, three units of heat are generated
- A typical Return on investment is 14% a year
- Tax free payments from the Government through Renewable Heat Incentives
- Ideal alternative to fossil fuel boilers - reduces your carbon footprint
- Market leading Daikin products installed
Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps
- For every unit of electricity used to power the Air Source pump, the system can produce three units of heat
- Air Source Heat Pumps attract the Governments domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for 7 years, providing an extra income stream for the household
- The system can extract heat from air in temperatures as low as -20ºC, so they're ideal for use in the UK
- The unit will fit discretely on an exterior wall
- Typically 14% return on investment each year - better than any bank!
- Low maintenance and quick to install - hassle free
- Increases the value of your house - a heat source for life
- High quality Daikin product with manufacturer's warranty - the best technology available
- Works most efficiently at 45/50ºC so ideal for underfloor heating
Air source pumps extract heat from the outside and transfer it via a thermodynamic cycle into usable heat inside. They are installed as part of an overall climate control system or to heat homes and hot water systems.
Air source heat pumps offer a flexible and cost-effective alternative to fossil fuel boilers and are so efficient that they are classified as a renewable energy source. As such they qualify for The Government's Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) payments.
According to Daikin, the UK's leading provider of air source heat pumps, they are around 300% efficient. This means that for every unit of energy used by the heat pump in operation, three or more units of heat are generated for use in a building.