About Solar Thermal Panels
Key Facts about Solar Thermal Panels
- Uses the natural rays of the sun to generate free hot water
- Tax free income through Renewable Heat Incentive payments
- Quick and easy to install a small number of panels
- Increase the value of your home
Benefits of Solar Thermal Panels
- Heating your water with a renewable energy (sunlight) qualifies you for RHI payments for seven years
- Solar thermal systems are quick and easy to install into an existing heating system
- The panels take up very little space on your roof and the system increases the value of your property by allowing future owners the luxury of free hot water
- No need to gain planning permission unless you are in a conservation area or have a listed building
A Solar thermal installation captures the heat from the sun and uses it to heat up water for use in the house. It should provide most of your hot water from April to September, and make a worthwhile contribution in other months. Read exactly how it works on our news page or watch a video on YouTube.
The system also allows you to take advantage of the domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). The government will pay you for every kWh you generate for 7 years. Solar Thermal tubes will reduce your impact on the environment - the average domestic system reduces carbon dioxide emissions by up to one tonne per year depending of the fuel replaced. Well developed technology provides a large choice of equipment to suit many applications.
Solar thermal is easy to manage and maintain and in terms of roof space, the system only requires a relatively small number of panels. Plus an almost guaranteed increase in the value of your property, we would hope your solar thermal hot water system will last up to 35 years.